Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Flip Flop Frenzy

So, I intended for this first entry of my latest blog to be some ultra creative writing on why I was beginning another venture in the world of blogging.  But, the truth is, I don't always have time to begin things just so (largely in part to those recognized in the title of this blog - and I mean that with absolutely no trace of cynicism toward my 5 Little Women), and so that it does begin, this will have to do as my inaugural post.

I also hoped that I would have my editing software and know just a little bit how to use it so as to make some of these pictures look a bit better than they do (ok, a lot better!), but instead you get my raw amateur work - done in low lights at night none the less.  It is what it is (this, by the way, has become one of my favorite sayings of late).   But it works for the moment.

I am making a vow of sorts, to take at least one picture a day.  Shucks, I didn't spend this much money on a camera to not put it to good and frequent use!  So, since I had not done so today, I set off around the house in search of something worthy of a photograph.  And, low and behold, what did I find, but poor lost soles, lying all throughout and all around outside (even on the floor of our impeccably clean Suburban).  And to whom might they belong?  You've guessed it.  My 5 Little Women.  Now I know why we "need" more than 5 pairs of flip flops/sandals for these miniature feet.  Because they are often left alone, desperate for a partner so they can become a pair and be worn!

And you queens of organization say, well, if you had a place for your girls to put those flip flops, and trained them to put them there, you would always know where they are.  I can honestly say I have tried that, and continue to try.  And as much as I would love to see them in their basket at the end of each day, and as much as I sometimes grumble about always picking up flip flops or asking them to be picked up, I can speak in truth when I say I am glad for those flip flops lying around the house.  They are evidence of the 5 Little Women living under this roof.  5 Little women who bring joy, laughter, sorrow, frustration, fear, peace, comfort, blessing and so much more to our lives.  And for these 5 Little Women, and their 10+ little flip flops, I praise God.









I don't see dirt and Cheerios here, do you?  Not on my car floor, no way.
I would never let the 5 Little Women eat a snack in the car, make a mess, and not clean it up.
It is actually a miracle that I can see the flip flop!

Though not a flip flop, Crocs are definitely part of the family.
I couldn't help but throw this one in:  A few of the 5 Little Women with
one of the important Men in their life.  In flip flops of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment